2nd Garrison Supply & Transport (1946-1998) Association
The 2nd Garrison Company Supply and Transport Corps was established formally in July 1946 at the end of ‘the Emergency’, and was stood down 51 years later in December 1998. The Unit came into being following the post-war amalgamation of the 2nd Supply Company Stores – which was located at the Esplanade during the 30’s and 40’s and whose personnel walked daily to and from Clancy Barracks where they were billeted, and the 2 Garrison Transport Company which was based in Collins Barracks during the same two decades.
5th Infantry Battalion (1924 – 2012) Association
The 5th Infantry Battalion Association was formed in 2012 for serving and ex-members of the 5th Infantry Battalion, Eastern Command, Irish Defence Forces. The 5th Bn was home to some of the finest soldiers ever trained by the Irish Defence Forces and as such the Association was formed to remember the soldiers, their sacrifices, their stories and the achievements as individuals and as a well knitted family.